Monday, November 28, 2011

From zero knowledge to a running MF65 in how many days?

This blog is going to be a running documentary of my adventures in bringing a field-queen, circa 1959 Massey Ferguson 65 back to life.

1. This is my first tractor.
2. I've never worked on tractors before.
3. I've never even driven a tractor before!
4. I just have some mechanical abilities and my wits to get me by.

So, if you have ever wondered how a tractor works - how to operate one, what all the levers are for, how to set up implements, and so on, as I have, I hope to answer those questions as I go with deep-dive posts on subsystems and operations.

If you are looking for specific information on something with the tractor let me know, and I'll try to highlight that information in a post and/or direct you to where I found that information.

With the vastness of the Internet, I've yet to find this information readily available - so I will try to fill what I perceive as a gap, and share my hard won experience and knowledge with you.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. People like you are what make the internet so great. I have no doubt this blog is really gonna come in handy for some one down the road. Great idea Brian.

    ReplyDelete